Saturday, June 10, 2017

My Top 10 Favourite Makeup Brushes


Happy Saturday everyone! I'm back today with my Top 10 Favourite Makeup Brushes. I have so many brushes that I absolutely love to use so it was very hard to narrow it down for this post. I tend to switch my brushes up every so often but these are the brushes I use mostly everyday. Yes, I wear makeup everyday! I am 'one of those' who can't set foot out the door without having my makeup done! Makeup just gives me so much more confidence and to be quite honest with you.. it is my favourite part of getting ready. I love trying out new makeup brushes and new makeup products even if I'm lounging around the house I will get my makeup out and try out new looks. As you can see from the photos they are mostly Zoeva brushes. These brushes are the best I have ever used, no exaggeration. They still feel so soft. I have these about two years and they are still in such good condition. The brushes wash like brand new and stay unbelievably soft after each wash. The hairs don't fray either after washing them. Bare in mind I have used some of these brushes hence the makeup on them. I usually wash my makeup brushes around 3 times a week depending on how dirty they get. Inbetween these days I use surgical spirits to get rid of any excess makeup on them. I get it in Boots and pour it into spray bottles, it lasts ages too and it isn't expensive. 

112 Face Curve: So recently I have been using this brush again to apply my foundation. I usually use a beauty blender or buffer type of brush but I decided to use this as my other brushes have seen better days. I wouldn't be a big fan of these brushes for applying foundation because I hated the lines they would leave. Luckily with this brush I don't have that problem! The curved brush makes it super easy to apply the eyes and nose and it applies it flawlessly! If you haven't used this brush before you need to purchase it! It costs €15.50

129 Luxe Fan: This brush is amazing and super handy to have as you can use it for many things. It can be used to apply blush, highlighter and to remove any fallen eyeshadow from your face. It's great brush for wanting a more natural look or if you have a highlighter that is very pigmented and you don't want to pick up too much of the product on your brush this is ideal! Again the hair doesn't fray whatsoever. It retails at €13.50

109 Face Paint: I love to use this brush when I'm applying stick foundations for my contouring. The brush size is perfect for applying the stick foundation under my cheek bones, around my forehead and my nose. It's a great brush to have if you tend to struggle with contouring, it is so easy to use! This brush costs €15.50

224 Defined Crease: This brush is perfect for any detailed look. It is super light which makes it easy to blend in the crease or outer corners of the eye. It's perfect for anyone who has a small shape eye like myself. I tend to use this brush for blending out my eyeliner to give a softer look. It costs €10.50

230 Luxe Pencil: These brushes are just a must have in everyones makeup kit! Again its great for any detailed eye look, for smudging eyeshadow underneath the lash line and to highlight the inner corner of the eye. It costs €10.50

237 Detail Shader: This is another good brush for highlighting the inner corner of your eye. It is also good for highlighting undearneath the brow and for carving out your eye shape for a cut crease! It costs €10.50

228 Luxe Crease: I use this brush everytime I do my makeup. It is perfect for contouring your eye and blending out any harsh line. It is super soft and fluffy. I don't think I will ever part from this brush! It costs €10.50

Real Techniques Smudge Brush: This is my favourite brush to use when I want a smokey eye. It's great for smudging out eyeliner underneath the eye to get rid of any lines between the eyeliner and eyeshadow. It gives such a flawless look. I did get this brush in a set of 4. It can be purchased on Cloud10Beauty in a set along with another brush for €10.95 I'm sure it's available in Boots also!

234 Luxe Smoky Shader: Another brush I don't think I could ever part from! I always use this to apply eyeshadow to my lid because it gives a gorgeous soft look. It can also be used for under your lash lines for a smoky look. It costs €10.50

231 Luxe Petit Crease: This is a great brush for giving definition to your eye, for applying a transition shade and for highlighting. It costs €10.50


I got these Zoeva brushes in the Rose Gold Complete Eye Set Vol.1 that came with other brushes too. But they can all be purchased seperately on the Zoeva website or on Beautybay.com These are the best brushes I have ever used, the quality of them are just amazing and at such a reasonable & affordable price. Go check out the Zoeva website as they have some tutorials on their brushes which makes it easier to decide on which to buy! It has been well overdue since I've bought new makeup brushes so I plan on ordering more when pay day arrives! Have you used any of these brushes before? Have any favourites? Let me know! x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your lovely comments! I love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. Follow me on Twitter! ElleH__

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...