Friday, January 4, 2013

Review | Mac 'Haute Altitude' Lipstick




*Top- Dervish. Bottom- Haute Altitude.

Lipstick number 2, 'Haute Altitude' is one of the new lipsticks Mac has in stock. When I'm browsing around the Mac counter I always like to take a look at the new stock and hopefully find something I like. I am a lover of all light pinks and nudes so this was a must have on my list. Personally I think a formula of a lipstick makes such a big impact on how a lipstick looks on. I prefer the amplified creme formula as it makes my lips look smoother and so what bigger, of course the lip liner makes a big diff too. I never tried it on in the shop which is always a bit of a risk too take when buying lipsticks in Mac. I have often picked up some I wasn't too 'crazy' about. I tested this lipstick without the liner and any face makeup and being honest I was a bit unsure and I was a bit curious if buying this lipstick was a waste. The following day I did my makeup and re-applied the lipstick with my new lip liner 'Dervish'. I think the lip liner made such a difference to this lipstick and I was very happy with the outcome. It is a different shade of pink that I wouldn't automatically want to get but now I am happy I went with this one. It is perfect for daytime looks, which is exactly what I needed. Anyone who loves light pinks and nude lipstick who wants a change but not too drastic, should really get their hands on this! It looks slightly different on than the stick itself. Next post will be about the lip liner, I want to give a proper review on this showing how well it works with different shades of pinks and nudes. 
x

1 comment:

  1. Pretty colour :)

    turquoisedreaam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your lovely comments! i love reading them and I will always try my best to get back to you. Feel free to leave your blog links I love reading new posts&blogs. I now have a Twitter for my blog @EllaA14 I'd love for you to check it out! x